We Want to Help Your
Organization Take Off
We offer a wide-ranging array of tailored, cost-effective solutions to support your business and communication objectives. From marketing and outreach projects to event services and organizational development, we can help guide you to success.
MEET OUR TEAM
The Miner Agency brings decades of experience to the table with a wide range of professional skills to support your needs.
With a decade of experience at a public affairs agency based in Washington, D.C., Melanie is dedicated to helping her clients develop and communicate their messages successfully to Congress, state legislators, media, and the general public. She is a collaborative colleague who has a passion for transforming teams and organizations to help them reach their optimal performance.
In 2005, Melanie graduated from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Interpersonal and Organizational Communications. Her personal passion lies within the car world, where for eight years she ran her own automotive website and traveled as an active automotive journalist. From 2012 through 2016, Melanie served on the Board of Directors and as a two-term President of the Washington Automotive Press Association (WAPA). She also spent one year in service as Board Director to Women in Government Relations (WGR), guiding both the leadership and membership during a time of organizational transition.
Melanie enjoys participating in activities that challenge her to grow and learn. For her, a "work / life" balance means making time to visit with family, play music, train in martial arts, and hone her surfing skills.
Mary is actively involved in volunteering her design expertise with The Run2End Alzheimer’s Race, Houston County Habitat for Humanity, and the Houston County Animal Shelter. She is also passionate about collecting antique oil paintings and playing the penny whistle. Mary currently resides in Bonaire, Georgia with her husband, Matthew, who has been promoted to Colonel Select, and their daughter and son.
Once he completed school, Griffin came back to Macon where he wrote for local magazine ‘Sound and Soul’ and began to do some work at The Miner Agency as a Copywriter. After some time, he went off to Atlanta to get involved in the emerging post production sector of the film industry. Over the following two years, he worked for some of the most prominent post-houses in Atlanta and honed skills in video editing. Some projects he contributed to include ‘Blue Beetle’, ‘Bad Boys 4’ and ‘Creed 3’. After some time though, Griffin began looking for a change of pace and decided to return to The Miner Agency as a Copywriting and Video-Editing professional.
In his free-time, Griffin enjoys golf, running and fitness, and creative writing. Also a certified film-buff, he makes for a great addition to any trivia team.
Sophia implements a keen ability to build and nurture relationships with key stakeholders, further emphasizing her proficiency in public relations. She excels in public speaking, writing, and editing, showcasing her exceptional communication skills. Sophia’s deep understanding of communication campaigns is a testament to her extensive experience in the field of public relations. She holds an M.A.T in Science Education, providing a unique perspective to her work, and deeming her the title of Reputation Rockstar for The Miner Agency.
A 2013 graduate of Georgia Southern University in Statesboro, Georgia, Michelle obtained her Bachelor of Science in Public Relations. She also secured a certificate in Digital Media and Marketing from Duke University.
Michelle currently resides in Colorado Springs, Colorado with her husband, daughter, and two cats. Prior to that she has lived in Georgia, Florida, Arkansas, California, and Bahrain. Michelle and her family love to spend their time outdoors and can be found hiking, camping, and skiing, depending on the season.
The Miner Agency works hard to achieve the best results and customer service possible. Below is a list of the services we provide.
Government Relations & Advocacy
Let your voice be heard with the guided help of TMA’s experts. Our team of professionals can help you to drive your agenda from grass roots to the legislative level. TMA can assist in the following Government Relations and Advocacy focus areas:
- Special expertise in defense policy/legislative issues
- Positioning our clients’ issues at the forefront of decision makers’ agendas
- Developing comprehensive preparatory briefing materials for meetings with key public officials
- Coordinating with lobbyists and political consultants to ensure consistent public-facing messaging
- Preparing our clients for appearances before legislative/regulatory committees
- Managing all messaging associated with public hearings; advance briefings, press conferences, and coordination of third-party participation/support
- Coalition and consensus building
- Staying plugged into an extensive network of consultants and lobbyists
- Analysis of legislation at the state and federal levels and how it pertains to your business
- Coordination of visits to the state capital and the National Capital Region
Marketing & Public Relations
Let us help tell your story! Our top-notch communications professionals will develop custom strategies tailored to your business to help you reach your communication goals. We can help to build your communication program and give it legs through collateral development, social media outreach, advertising, press campaigns and more. TMA can assist in the following Marketing & Public Relations focus areas:
- Brand development and management
- Marketing and public relations strategic planning
- Reputation management
- Crisis management/communications
- Content development
- Press management including news releases, interviews, spot coverage, article placements, press kits, and mentions
- Media training
- Developing and pitching story lines that create news centered around our clients
- Securing strategic placements in targeted media outlets across the full spectrum of mediums including print, television, digital, radio, social media, etc.
- Leading market entries and marketing/promoting new products
- Facilitating informal, get-acquainted meetings between our clients’ key executives and the most influential reporters covering their industries
- Positioning our clients as thought and policy experts in their respective industries
- Supervising design and production of corporate materials
- Drafting speeches and talking points
- Preparing for news conferences and key internal meetings
- Creating social media content – webcasts, podcasts, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, etc.
- Creating presentations and agendas for internal corporate meetings
TMA partners with you to develop design solutions that are visually powerful, strategic, and measurable. We offer a broad range of design services including advertising, event production, branding, graphic design, web development and much more, and work to strengthen and sustain your brand reputation. TMA can assist in the following Creative Services focus areas:
- Brand development and graphics standards
- Event support materials
- Staging/environmental graphics
- Tradeshow booths
- Photography and videography
- Collateral development (annual reports, marketing brochures, magazines, announcements, newsletters, books)
- Direct mail
- Outreach kits and technical assistance guides
- Websites (including learning management systems, e-commerce, and Section 508 compliance standards)
- Digital communications
- App development
- 3D modeling and CAD animations
- Social media, print and tv advertising campaigns
- Animation and presentations
- Point-of-purchase displays and standees
TMA has managed events of all kinds and sizes, including occasions designed to attract anywhere from 15 to 15,000 people. Our team of professionals will ensure your event is a great success through tooth-to-tail planning and execution. TMA has organized events in the following Events Management focus areas:
- Board/Committee meetings
- Fundraisers and social events
- Annual membership meetings
- Military ceremonies
- Ribbon cuttings
- Product launches
- Public hearings
- Breakfast forums
- Corporate events
- Outdoor events and ceremonies
- Intimate gatherings
- Public advocacy events, e.g., rallies
Association Management Consulting
As your management company, The Miner Agency (TMA) removes the day-to-day burdens of managing a business that can distract your organization’s leaders—officers, board and committee members—from effectively leading the organization. TMA is focused on the daily responsibilities to meet the annual budget and free up the leaders of your association to lead and plan for the future. We can assist in the following Association Management focus areas:
- Full Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer services and counsel to association leadership
- Implementation of strategic initiatives, programs and policies
- Visionary leadership for evolving associations
- A liaison with national offices, other chapters or branches
- Board development and orientation
- Strategic planning
- Bylaws creation, review and revisions
- Oversight of association staff
- Leadership transition services
- Revenue and retention strategies
- Fundraising consulting
- Capital campaign management
“In the constantly evolving world of social media, it’s good to partner with a team that knows what they’re doing. The Miner Agency listened to our needs, developed a customized plan, and supported us throughout the process. Their staff is friendly and responsive. I highly recommend them to everyone who needs social media management or advertising.”Tiffany MazoProducing Market Manager at Colony Bank
“From collateral development to public relations, The Miner Agency is skilled at building strategic communications and advocacy campaigns that achieve results. Their award-winning team can build your brand from the ground up and take your organization to the next level.”Steve VorisekChief Growth Officer & Partner, Expansia Group